As the holiday season approaches, parents and caregivers are on the lookout for the perfect gifts for their children. It is a time when you want to find something that not only brings joy to your child but also contributes positively to their development.
Shopping for toys for autistic kids, however, can present unique challenges due to sensory sensitivities. Fear not, though, as we have compiled a list of fantastic games and toys for autistic toddlers that are sure to be a holiday or birthday hit!
- Chew Toys– Chew toys are not only a source of comfort but also serve as valuable sensory toys for autistic toddlers/. These toys help in reducing anxiety and promoting self-regulation by providing a safe item to chew on. They come in various shapes, sizes, and textures to cater to individual preferences.
- Fidget Spinners– Fidget spinners have gained popularity for their stress-relieving properties, making them excellent toys for autistic toddlers. These simple gadgets can aid in improving focus and concentration while providing a satisfying sensory experience through spinning.
- Rainmakers– Rainmakers, with their soothing sound and visual appeal, make for excellent sensory toys. These instruments produce the gentle sound of falling rain when turned, creating a calming atmosphere.
- Sensory Mats– Sensory mats offer a multi-sensory experience, combining different textures and materials. These mats can be a safe space for children with autism to explore various sensations, promoting tactile stimulation and engagement.
- Sand Boxes– Sandboxes provide an opportunity for exploration, and can facilitate many different games for autistic toddlers. The feeling of sand running through fingers can be both calming and enjoyable for autistic toddlers.
- Vibrating Cushions– Vibrating cushions offer a gentle vibrating sensation that can have a calming effect on toddlers with autism. These cushions provide sensory input, promoting relaxation and aiding in self-regulation.
Incorporating these toys for autistic kids into your child’s playtime can enhance their sensory experiences and contribute to their overall well-being. Remember, the key is to create a positive and enjoyable environment that caters to their unique needs!
Looking to enroll your child in ABA therapy in the new year? Let us help!
At Advanced Behavior Analysis our behavior analysts help your child reach his/her goals through ABA therapy interventions. By incorporating fun toys for autistic toddlers into interventions, our behavior analysts make ABA therapy an inviting space where your child can learn and grow! Contact us today to learn more about ABA therapy in Utah.